• EricZ
    We are getting very close to shipping our Bellus3D FaceApp for iOS application.

FIRST - THANK YOU to all of our users who have been testing the app, giving us feedback and comments as we prepare to go to market.

At this stage we wanted to get YOUR input on how you think we should price our product. Our current plan is to allow users to download the app for free with some limitations that are only accessible with an In-App upgrade. With the free version you can scan as much as you want and save your scans as a video file on your camera roll to share with family and friends.

In-App upgrade: Many of you have requested that we offer the ability to export your 3D Face scan as a 3D file format. I am happy to announce that we will offer export in three different file formats:

• .ZIP (Which will have .obj, .mtl and .jpg)
    • .STL
    • .GLB

So... how do we price?
    This is where we need your input. We have seen how other high quality scanning apps are priced and they charge:

1) for every export
    2) for a batch of exports, or
    3) for unlimited exports for a period of time.

We want your opinion. Please let us know which of the three options you would like to see and how much you think is acceptable for your preferred option(s).

We look forward to a lively discussion!

Eric
    ====================================================================
    Please note:

Our support for posting your 3D selfie to Facebook has been delayed. Unfortunately we had to delay this feature since Facebook still has not published their new Interface for 3D posts under their new privacy protocols. We are looking forward to including this feature as soon as Facebook makes it available.
  • Farhan
    The app is so great but, make it like animoji..it means contain facial recognition that modified by actions including raising the left and right eyebrows, cheeks, lowering the chin, squinting, moving the jaw and lips, frowning and smiling.
    Thanks
  • Marc
    I think I would prefer a few options. Some of the other professional level apps I use have a yearly subscription. This would be a great way to go.
    I think my usage may vary but I don’t like the idea of credits or pay per model as much.

That being said, it may be nice to be able to pay a per export price before signing up for a subscription so we can see if the output works for our needs.

I look forward to finding out which way you will go with this.
  • ouwerker
    I would like the data processing and storage to take place in the app/iphone only, to make sure the privacy of a scanned person is not compromised. If these features cause the price to go up I understand.
  • ouwerker
    Can I upload a scan for you to convert to stl? If so, then we can make a 3D print to test and find out applicability of the app
  • EricZ

Thanks for the feedback. Right now we are focused on the core technology and would love to work with third party developers to bring this functionality to Market - Eric
  • EricZ

Great feedback. We are going to consider that.

Eric
  • EricZ

Hi,

The new privacy policies being established are quite important. This release of the application only stores data locally on the device. If we decide to offer cloud storage it would only be with the express permission of the end user.
  • Rens
    Hii,

Maybe you can made an free app with advertising. And that you can disable the advertensing for some money.
  • emmanuel elard
    hi @ericz
    i have applied few days ago in order to try the ios app, can you tell me approximatively when i can receive an invitation via testflight?
    thanks a lot
  • Andrea
    I dont really like the „pay per export“ model.
    I think a „premium version“ or „premium subscription“ would be better.

Another thing though: Is there a way to scan more of the head? Not just from the front but more of the top. Would be gread for 3D model exports
  • EricZ

Hi,

You were just sent an invitation. Let us know what you think!

Eric
  • emmanuel elard
    hi eric, bravo for what you did
    i advise monthly/yearly fees for unlimited exports
    this is the best model
    I would like to talk with one of your teammembers, when can we organize this?
  • Chris Dancy
    I don’t like the idea of subscriptions. I know many apps are going in that direction but I would prefer to pay once to utilize a feature. Premium should not mean another monthly payment for an app.
  • Chris Dancy
    I am unable to convert the STL to a printable gcode in cura and print the whole area (face, ears, etc). Only the top 10% seems to print, or convert to gcode. I’m testing in slic3r to see how it turns out.
  • Marc
    Hey EricZ, Have you and the team decided on the pricing yet? I have been using my wife's iPhoneX to test but am looking to get my own very soon. Your app is one of the deciding factors.
  • Gertjan
    Hi, great app. I would advice to export those scans at price per scan and a (cheaper way) like a subscription. Then one could try at a lower price and if useful one can get a prescription.
    However, I am still not able to export a scan in .stl. Is this because I am not able to upgrade the app to 0.1.0.46 ? My recent upgrade today was to 0.1.0.28..
  • Mike seymour
    Any idea on when we can test the model export? I am really keen to try importing the model to other things
    Love the ap so far
    Mike
  • alexmeijer
    I like the yearly, monthly pricing. I tried to slice files for printing. But its not possible to print directly from the export. I have to do a lot of moderating. Maybe you can look in to that. Thank you.
  • Gary Jenkinson
    Might be a bit late to the discussion, my options would be per export click fee and then maybe a batch pricing option then an unlimited yearly subscription which would be the business user option, but as an introductory and similar to other apps I have such as DSD a one off lifetime subscription. My DSD was $999 lifetime use.
  • Alex P
    Hey per export is something we have been discussing. Thanks for the feed back!

-Alex
  • Vinay Wittig
    Just tried the app. It's amazing. I already have a few ways we could collaborate in dermatology and I signed up for a developer trial. But, i want to contribute here. offer both per export and subscriptions. these are two different users. first, the single export user who finds the app to be intriguing. give them a way to download and get the value. next time they want a 3d model and export, they will come back. otherwise they won't. second it the frequent user. they already understand the value after using the application once. they can calculate the value and decide whether to pay the subscription. if the subscription is still too much for them, at least they can do single exports. feel free to reach out, if you want to discuss the pros and cons further.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Bellus3D FaceAPP forum!

New users can create a guest account with a valid email address. Please wait up to 24 hours for your account to be approved as a developer or beta tester account.